Monday, June 13, 2005

Celebrating My 15 Years!!!

Fifteen years ago this month (June) my very first novel, Rooms of the Heart was published by a small black publishing company--Odyssey Books. I owe the publisher Leticia Peoples so much for having the vision to launch Odyssey Books and for giving me a shot. It was her vision that sparked the African American Romance Revolution.

Little did I know how far that first book would take me (the original is now a collector's item). It has been a wild and glorious ride. The world of writing has opened so many doors for me and allowed me to travel, meet incredible people, make some of my closest friends and live my dream--to write.

But bottomline, I would not be where I am today without the love and support of my readers and fans. I cannot thank you all enough for always being there, buying my books and telling your friends (and don't stop now! LOL). I truly appreciate it.

And what better way to celebrate 15 years in the industry but with the release of a new book!! Be on the lookout for Getting Hers, hitting a bookstore near you.

I looking forward to the many years and challenges to come and I hope you all stay along for the ride.

Peace

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Donna. That's an awesome landmark (and judging by your author photo, you were first published in, what, your teens?)

Cherlyn Michaels said...

Congratulations Donna!
I have already read one of your books (An Ordinary Woman) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have a couple more on my shelf that I'm hoping to get to soon, in between writing projects. I'm looking forward to reading Rhythms next. I've heard so much about it. :-)

I'm so disappointed that I didn't get a chance to come back for your Saturday signing at the BEA (got sick on Saturday and missed exihibits that entire day.)!

Again, congrats!!!

Toni said...

Cogratulations Ms Donna. I look forward to reading your work for many years to come.

Anonymous said...

Donna,
You continue to inspire and enlighten. Gurlll, you are bad and I love your new hair cut to go with your new mystery/suspense/romance genre. ALL the more success to you,
Love,
Trisha Thomas

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna!

I just wanted to say congratulations on 15 years, and may the next 15 years of your career be wildly successful years:)

It's a real honor to have you at The Mystery Club (FictionWeb.com).

Amie Stuart said...

Congrats Donna!! Definitely something to shout out about =)

I'll be on the lookout for Getting Hers too! Loved the excerpt you posted a while back.

Yasmin Shiraz said...

Congrats on your first 15 years and many more. I didn't get to talk to you at the recent Essence Festival but I applaud your work and your presence in the literary world.